Monday, January 21, 2008

A Rainy Day in Hollywood

Although I lived in Orange County and have visited pretty frequently over the past few years, I have never been to Hollywood. Shawnia, Sarah Jane, Emily and I took the train up to Union Station and did a walking/subway tour.



We saw quite a bit...... The stars were scattered along the sidewalks of Hollywood Boulevard from end to end. I had to grab a shot of one of the greatest bands to have ever played and one of the greatest authors to have ever picked up a pen.




We stopped in at Cafe Audrey for lunch. Shawnia is a big Audrey Hepburn fan and we were all impressed with the food and atmosphere that was provided.





I wasn't able to get any shots of the hand prints or foot prints of the stars since the weather had turned pretty ugly by then. It was interesting to see all who had immortalized themselves in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater. From the cast of the original Star Trek series to Will Smith to the Marx Brothers. Oh well.... Maybe next time.

The subway was very cool. It made me wish for an easy and efficient mass transit center for Spokane. The train ride back to Irvine was a little stressful though. You'll have to ask me about it if you're interested.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home