Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Most Popular Park in the World

Shawnia and I took my cousin Sarah Jane to the most popular theme park in the world (I can't type the name due to copyright issues.... cool, huh?). We had a great time. Sarah and I are pretty close. More of a niece and uncle relationship than cousins due to our age difference. But she and I are all business when it comes to theme park rides and Shawnia kept up nicely.

A couple of days before, Shawnia and I braved the New Year's Eve crowds to enjoy (or maybe endure) an early entry day. That means you get into The Park an hour before it opens to the general public. The Park is also open until 2 a.m. (two hours later than normal) for the end of year festivities. So that totals nineteen hours of rides and crowds. Yeah....... I did say nineteen.

Over the course of the day we walked over 23 miles, that were measured by a pedometer that wasn't counting every step. No wonder our feet were sore. With driving, the day totaled 22 hours. I think I was more tired at the end of that day than I have been after any bike race, basketball game, or backpacking trip.

It always amazes me how well The Park is run even on the most chaotic of days.

Here are a few pics of the day with Sarah Jane.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home