Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Not Your Mom's Portraits

I was asked to shoot a few portraits for one of the Breakers soccer teams. The coaches asked for the typical 'line up in the goal' pics. I agreed to do that, but set the girls up for a dramatic shot at the end. I had less than five minutes to set the shot up and snap two frames. If I had had more time, the shadow on the girl's face (just right of center) wouldn't be there. Even so, they were very happy with the result.

If you know of any teams that would like a less than traditional portrait shoot, tell them about Dave Ryan Photography. The question I asked myself on the way to this shoot was,"What would I do if I were shooting a Nike or Reebok ad?"

A big thanks to the girls who endured the cold, windy and early Saturday morning with smiles. Thanks also to my good friend Bill for the design of the memory mate.

Here are a few pics from the session. You can see the rest here.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi dave! For once i read your blog. it rox eggs. Thanx for doing those shots again. The coaches (jeff and brian) were very happy with the two large portraits. so thank you from the whole Breakers girls team.
Layne

October 27, 2007 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home